Piped emails - need to convert the encoding to UTF-8

ddenev

We use UTF-8 as the default encoding in our WHMCS installation. Everything is just fine except with the e-mail that are processed by the pipe, i.e. mails sent to our support department using e-mail clients like Outlook.

The problem is that when a customers sends an e-mail that is not UTF-8 encoded, it appears garbled (or as empty spaces) in WHMCS. If the mail is sent UTF-8 encoded then everything is fine.

My question is - is there a way we can add proper encoding conversion using action hooks? Or better, can you add this functionality to the core?

This issue is valid for all WHMCS users that are not native English users and use encodings different from the default.

Best regards,

DDenev

• 1 year later...

I have already requested this feature 2 years ago, emails sent in Chinese Big5 encode (for example) will display as garbled text in the ticket page. But looks like they have no interest in developing this feature. This is what I received from them :

Hi,

WHMCS will attempt to decode them using the setting specified in the email so I'd suggest running some more tests as it should be ok.

Hi,

No, we don't support Chinese characters

Hi,

No files that you can access. If you let us know what code you need adding then we can add it for you.

The ticket URL isn't working anymore, so I only have what they replied since it will save a copy in my mailbox.