How to restrict a hosting package to host only 1 domain

vj135

I have say 5 hosting packages:

Package 1 is the cheapest and I want to restrict the user to be able to put only one domain in this package.

On the other hand packages 2,3,4 and 5 can host multiple domains

How do i do the above?

Thanks

vijay

in WHM you can setup packages and set addon domains to 1

So the sequence of events should be:

1) Customers buys package.

2) WHMCS automatically assigns user name and password for customers cpanel etc.

3) So before i send customer the user name and password i have to configure WHM.

This is my first customer, so please be patient while i ask this very imp :-) question:

I was able to login to my WHM cPanel reseller account.

so my understanding is that i have set it up before i email him the user name and password for cpanel -- i have to do this manually for each customer?

thanks

vijay

Configuration > Manage Servers > Add New Server

update:

actually its already setup. But coming to the first question again --- how do restrict the user to one domain Only for a particular package and also when should i do it?

My understanding is that WHMCS is automatically setup to create packages in WHM

You use the cPanel server setup, that is the WHM server setup.

The access hash for cPanel is obtained from WHM and the packages are setup in WHM first and used in your products in WHMCS

I know i am running around in circles

but

which comes first?

1) setup packages in whm and only then setup packages in WHMCS

or

the other way round?

also if i setup packages in WHMCS first and since WHMCS can communicate with WHM whats the need to manually setup packages in WHM?

thanks -- hope i am making more sense this time around

1) setup packages in whm and only then setup packages in WHMCS

^ That is correct. Set it up in WHM, then in WHMCS. In the server setup you only need to refer to the package name that you set up in WHM. You do not put any other details in the boxes below the package name as the info is already in WHM.

^ That is correct. Set it up in WHM, then in WHMCS. In the server setup you only need to refer to the package name that you set up in WHM. You do not put any other details in the boxes below the package name as the info is already in WHM.

Hi Rick,

Which of the following below (this is the list in WHM -- adding packages )should i designate as = 1 -- so that only one single domain can be used?

Max Sub Domains

Max Parked Domains

Max Addon Domains

thanks

vijay

Also when i try to create a package name "Bronze" in WHM it names it "anmoltec_Bronze"

anmoltec is my username for my reseller account.

My question now is will i have to name my packages in WHMCS as "anmoltec_Bronze"?

and what will my customers see the package name as ?

thanks

vj

Also when i try to create a package name "Bronze" in WHM it names it "anmoltec_Bronze"

anmoltec is my username for my reseller account.

My question now is will i have to name my packages in WHMCS as "anmoltec_Bronze"?

and what will my customers see the package name as ?

thanks

vj

Yes you most use the Package Name anmoltec_Bronze in WHMCS.

And no, your customers will see only then Bronze in Cpanel as Package name.

Gr, Tom

An add-on domain is a domain that points to a folder within a website, but is not merely a redirect to it - wikipedia :P

and if i wanted the user to use Only 1 domain in his hosting account , in my case the bronze package should i say then :

Parked Domain = 1 ?

Also for my other packages((Silver, Gold and Platinum) if i wanted to assign usage of un-limited number of domains should i say:

Parked Domain = **** what number should i put here ** ?

thanks very much

vj

A parked domain simply parks another domain on top of the main one. If you have yourdomain.com as the main domain and add a parked domain, mydomain.com, then either one will show the same thing when you type it in your browser.

Addon domain adds another 'website' by putting it in a subdirectory. This subdirectory becomes the document root. So, if you have yourdomain.com as your main domain, your document root is the public_html folder. If you add mydomain.com as an addon and specify mydomain as the subdirectory for it, then when you type mydomain.com in your browser, then the contents of public_html/mydomain is going to be displayed. It will look like a completely different website to the visitor.

Since yourdomain.com has the document root of public_html, you'd be able to display the contents of in public_html/mydomain but not vice versa.

A subdomain uses the domain name and prepends it with something. If you have a directory called members, you can create a subdomain for this so that access can be gained by either:

http://yourdomain.com/members

or

http://members.yourdomain.com

Well I would think 0.

A cPanel account with a domain to it already shows having 0 Parked Domains and 0 Addon Domains.

Having 1 will then let them park another one I would think.

Can someone confirm this?

Also if i wanted to have my "Platinum hosting package" to have "un-limited" domains -- what do i put -- i am guessing i just have to put some number like 100 -- realistically no one would actually have 100 websites running anways.

do please let me know

TIA

Can someone confirm this?

Also if i wanted to have my "Platinum hosting package" to have "un-limited" domains -- what do i put -- i am guessing i just have to put some number like 100 -- realistically no one would actually have 100 websites running anways.

do please let me know

TIA

In your WHM package, you need to set the number of AddOn Domains to 0 (because this is the number of 'extra' domains that can be hosted within the same CPanel account - ie excluding the original domain)

To allow an unlimited number of domains you would enter 'unlimited' in the WHM Package.

I believe that Parked Domains is a separate value because CPanel handle them differently from AddOn Domains in that your customer cannot actually upload their website and will always show your 'Parked Page' HTML.