Cron Job Stopped working due to incompatibility with ionCube

Craft

Hello,
I was working on AlmaLinux server and everything was working fine, but when I moved to Ubuntu 20.04, I found a compatibility issue with ionCube.

The cron job stopped working and I received this error

[24-Jan-2024 15:15:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  The file /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/cron.php encoded as type [1/81] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.
 in Unknown on line 0

I tried to use the following versions:
1. PHP 7.4 with ionCube 12.0.5
2. PHP 8.1 with ionCube 12.0.5
3. PHP 8.1 with ionCube 13.0.2

Find the attached screenshots.

EasyApache4.png

PHP 7.4.png

PHP 8.1 ionCube 12.0.5.png

PHP 8.1 ionCube 13.0.2.png

11 hours ago, SimpleSonic said:

If I remember correctly, v8.6.1 had a security issue, so you should patch to v8.6.2

As for your issue, PHP 8.1 with ionCube 13 should be working with v8.6, so your issue has to do with your PHP and/or ionCube setup.

Ok, but why ionCube 12.0.5 isn't working with PHP v7.4 as it was working before with Almalinux and it stopped working once I moved to Ubuntu 20.04.

3 hours ago, Craft said:

Ok, but why ionCube 12.0.5 isn't working with PHP v7.4 as it was working before with Almalinux and it stopped working once I moved to Ubuntu 20.04.

Again, your issue is most likely with your PHP and/or ionCube setup.

If you're unable to correct the issue and need further assistance, you will need to hire a knowledgeable systems administrator. 

5 hours ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

@Craft make sure you upload the files that are in the cron folders of the 8.8.0 download so they have the correct encoding

All the file's dates have been replaced with the new files which were released on Sep 20, 2023.

v8.8.0 date.png