Promo Offer with Pro-rata billing configuration?

Is there any possibility to offer free trial of X web hosting plan(s) to first time clients, then auto-billed via standard pro-rata billing method we use, after trial's X days is completed? Right now, it seems that if I offer a coupon code it's complex just because of pro-rata, which we want to keep intact.

The promo problem is for example, if we want to offer 30 day trial on a shared hosting plan or reseller plan, but client orders any random day of the month, wouldn't it bill them monthly after trial is up, starting that specific day instead of 1st of the month, and pro-rated initial billing ater trial period ends?

• 3 weeks later...

I have not tried this but if I was going to, this is what I would setup and test:

First follow the instructions here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Free_Trials

Then under the product settings, make sure you have pro rata enabled and configured

Note: If a customer orders for 1 year and pro rata is enabled, WHMCS charges for just under 1 year. For example, if a customer orders 1 year on Feb 2, they are charged for the remainder of February + 11 months instead of the remainder of February + a full 12 months. When a customer orders monthly with pro rata enabled, they are charged the remainder of the current month + 1 month. To me, that's odd but that's how WHMCS developed it.