Reselling/partner promo question

I have setup a partnership with another company who will be offering my products and services to their clients , they will be doing this by upselling them during their own ordering process.

they will take the initial payment (first month) and then pass the client to me. they keep the first month's payment as their commission. this seems like the best way to get the sale, rather than using affiliate links, which may take clients away from the original purchase.

I will then need to set the client up in my WHMCS for recurring billing and provisioning.

Ideally, I want the customer to signup manually, so I make sure I collect all their details, so they setup their security questions/answers, enable 2FA and so I can also upsell other products at the same time.

So I am thinking the best way to do this would be to give my partner discount codes for each product, which gives 1 month free, and provide this to their customer, with instructions to come and signup with us and use that discount code.

The problem is that the promo codes in WHMCS lack any ability to give them a name or description to say what they are, so managing this seems like it will be a massive PITA. Yes I see I can add admin notes, but this is not displayed anyone except when editing the promo code.
I also don't want anyone to be able to give these out or share them, I want to somehow restrict them to referrals form this partner.

Has anyone got any suggestions or perhaps a better way to achieve what I am trying to do here?