Billing Contact Emails

Adamski

Hi,

Just a quickie.. I'm starting to assign billing contacts for some of my customers which works fine but any auto generated email that is sent to billing contact only doesn't use the billing contacts name, rather the account user. Is this correct behaviour?

Thanks,

Adam

Which doesn't make sense unless I'm missing something. I thought that point was that you could add alternative contacts as often with companies the billing contact is a different person to the admin contact who could be different to the technical contact etc.

In this the invoices need to go to an additional contact who has the invoice option selected. The invoice gets sent to the right person fine, but it just uses the account holders name in the email rather than the invoice contacts name.

• WHMCS Developer
Which doesn't make sense unless I'm missing something. I thought that point was that you could add alternative contacts as often with companies the billing contact is a different person to the admin contact who could be different to the technical contact etc.

In this the invoices need to go to an additional contact who has the invoice option selected. The invoice gets sent to the right person fine, but it just uses the account holders name in the email rather than the invoice contacts name.

I think that needs to be looked at as I can understand why this needs to happen.

Is there anyway of adding more merge fields to the email templates? Maybe a logic of checking if there is a contact associated with the email going out and using that name rather than the account holders?

• WHMCS CEO

An account can have a billing contact assigned. That is what you are wanting to do here as that is where the invoice is then addressed to. To do that, you need to add the contact then assign it as the primary billing contact from the profile page for the client. Emails will always be addressed to the customers name.

Matt