Backslashes in ticket replies

wizzy420

Whenever I reply to a ticket, I get a backslash in front of every single quote/quote. This is running 3.5.1

I assume this has to do with magic quotes. When I search the knowledgebase and manual for "magic" I get nothing. I don't even see a section on recommended PHP compilation flags/settings, or recommended settings for your php.ini file.

What is the recommended "magic quotes" settings for WHMCS?

Currently my PHP info shows:

magic_quotes_gpc On On

magic_quotes_runtime Off Off

magic_quotes_sybase Off Off

FYI, I turned magic_quotes_gpc off and the backslashes went away. If you want any more info PM me and I'll answer any questions you have if it helps you with anything.

Pretty much a plain jane Ubuntu 7.10 Server install with everything installed out of packages (except Ion Cube Loader)

Oh, and thank you for the fast answer!

The problems I had with the setting on were disappearing tickets and cancellation requests - i.e I would get an email from someone submitting a ticket, but when I logged into WHMCS the ticket would not be there. WHMCS was sending the email to the tech, but failing to actually create the ticket. (Or cancellation requests sometimes.)

All magic_quotes settings are off for us currently.

have you added yourself to the support queue in the Manage administrator section?

Yes - one would not receive the ticket via email without having done this.

There is simply some combination of PHP settings and/or a bug in WHMCS which causes random incoming tickets to be discarded.

• WHMCS Developer
Yes - one would not receive the ticket via email without having done this.

There is simply some combination of PHP settings and/or a bug in WHMCS which causes random incoming tickets to be discarded.

I received the ticket notifications as I am the Site Admin.. but I wasn't in the support group so I couldn't see it in WHMCS. Some setting I used to copy me in on the emails that got sent out

I received the ticket notifications as I am the Site Admin.. but I wasn't in the support group so I couldn't see it in WHMCS. Some setting I used to copy me in on the emails that got sent out

I see. Well, in my case, I'm definitely in the department. If I weren't, nobody would get support :)

We definitely had a problem where tickets would get sent, I'd get an email with a ticket number, but the ticket would not be in WHMCS at all, as though WHMCS got all the way to the point of posting the data to MySQL and had some sort of run-time error (but apparently didn't log the error.)