Configuring directi to profit on domains

meeven

I am using the free directi reseller account provided by whmcs. I have set the domain pricing slightly higher than the cost ($7.95) in my own currency.

But, the way it works now is that whatever amount I add as funds under the customer whose account whmcs/directi uses for registering the domains, are used up for purchasing the domains at the price I have set for it in my own currency. In other words, no real profit.

So, to earn a decent profit on each domain purchase, should I set the special pricing for the customer for each tld? I see that this can be lower than the base slab price, so in effect, I (the customer under whom domains are registered in directi) will be charged less for each domain and thus get to make some profit on the purchase/sale.

Can anyone else confirm this?

• WHMCS CEO

What the customer is charged doesn't mean anything. You only actually pay to add funds to your reseller account and only get charged the $7.95 from your reseller balance for the majority of TLDs - then you just enter virtual funds into the customer as it's your own so how that balance decreases doesn't matter. All you need to do is set your prices in the WHMCS Domain Pricing to be greater than your buy price of $7.95 to make a profit.

Matt

Thank you for that explanation, Matt.

I checked my list of domains again and you're right. I have more domains (and a healthy balance still left to purchase more) than what could have been purchased using the funds I added, so it's obvious that the system is only taking the base slab price (and the whmcs domain pricing) into account.