Google checkout settings

Gav

Hi,

I recently added Google Checkout but just have one question - when setting the integration settings, I put the callback URL but should the callback method be XML or HTML? It was XML by default but a customer made an order and paid but the payment didn't show up in WHMCS, I've changed it to HTML but just wanted to check that that was the right thing to do.

Thanks

Do you have an SSL cert installed and working on the API callback URL? Anyway, our settings look like so:

Shopping cart post security

[*] For extra security, my company will only post digitally signed XML shopping carts.

API callback URL: https://yourdomain.com/whmcs/modules/gateways/callback/googlecheckout.php

Callback method: [*] XML

weere getting this from google We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.hostitplanet.com/hip2k8/modules/gateways/callback/googlecheckout.php -- the error we got is: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

• WHMCS CEO

The error response HTTP 400 Bad Request is exactly what you should get when visiting it manually. You aren't the Google Checkout system so you aren't allowed to access the file.

The latest error response you posted shows what the real issue is - a problem with your SSL certificate. If the Google callback system has any problems verifying it, it ends the callback.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly what is causing the problem :) And it's always amazing to see the large amounts lost by companies in a short period of time, but they can't afford a real SSL :(

Totally agreed, plus I wouldn't want my clients getting the infamous IE warning: "Please turn around before it's too late because we don't trust this site!" (paraphrased, lol).

WHMCS works beautifully with Google Checkout.

Well thanks guys for helping, it was a bought ssl, we have the certificat from Starfield.

Here

So If anyone Actually wants to help and see if we set this up right we have had two orders go thru , and yes we are getting the big IE Error,

so If anyone would like to be kind enough and helpout, that would be greatly appreciated!!

We could even pay you for helping!, pm us If you have more than 500 posts and are a trusted member or a moderator.

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so im also having an issue with google check out. i have the link set properly to the call back, my ssl is installed properly and works on the domain. i just had a client try to use google check out and this is the error they got:

Oops! Paintball Hosting LLC. has sent Google a shopping cart with errors in it. We'll contact them to ask that they fix this problem. As this could be a temporary issue, you can go back in your browser to try checking out again.

everything is set correctly, as far as i can tell, in google check out, but im not sure whats going on. any ideaS?

James

• 2 months later...

it wasn't a real ssl issue it was our provider, they didn't know how to set it up,lol we had to do it for them.. that why we are independent now..

Thanks matt

if you are having problems you must upload your certificates to your bin in your directory