Hiding unpaid invoices from the client portal before x amount of days

Hi Guys,

When creating quotes for my SEO clients I create the invoices a a split (70% deposit & 30% Once completed). The due date for the second invoice is usually set at 1-3 months depending on the service. However because the invoice gets generated it can be seen in the client portal as unpaid months before its actually due. Is there a way to hide this from clients 14 days before its due?

Thanks,

Conor

On 4/4/2022 at 4:56 PM, ConorBradley said:

Hi Guys,

When creating quotes for my SEO clients I create the invoices a a split (70% deposit & 30% Once completed). The due date for the second invoice is usually set at 1-3 months depending on the service. However because the invoice gets generated it can be seen in the client portal as unpaid months before its actually due. Is there a way to hide this from clients 14 days before its due?

Thanks,

Conor

You can set invoices as draft and they will not be visible which is probably what you should use for this type of scenarios.

10 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

You can set invoices as draft and they will not be visible which is probably what you should use for this type of scenarios.

Thanks, That makes perfect sense, It there a way to set the status back to unpaid automatically or is this a manual task that would need to be done. 

9 hours ago, ConorBradley said:

Thanks, That makes perfect sense, It there a way to set the status back to unpaid automatically or is this a manual task that would need to be done. 

Sure, when you create an invoice, its set to Draft automatically. You have 2 buttons on the invoice, Publish and Publish and Send Email which makes it live.

• 6 months later...

I definitely wanted to compose a quick comment to be able to express gratitude to you for all of the amazing advice you are writing on this site. My time-consuming internet search has now been honored with excellent insight to share with my co-workers. I would suppose that we website visitors actually are truly endowed to be in a fantastic community with very many outstanding people with insightful secrets. I feel somewhat fortunate to have come across your entire web site and look forward to some more amazing times reading here. Thank you once more for everything. facebook