Enom Migration #Fail

Arf

I buy my domains through WHMCS who resells for Enom. I've been with Enom for over 10 years and I like their service. However, on 1/15/2022 they started a migration that was to last 12 hrs that was to finish at 6:PM. It was extended to 12:AM, then again to 6:AM and now to 9:AM. So, we're almost at the 21 hour mark for something that should have taken 12. I have over 1000 domains with them and so I'm small potatoes compared to WHMCS who might have enough sway to get and provide some details on the situation. I'm confident things will be fine but the waiting without any real information is unnerving. 

I know about the status page https://enomstatus.com/ but am wondering if anyone else has found any details on the situation. 

Thanks in advance. 

The status page currently says the following. The next update is in one hour from my posting this:

Update - Our engineering team continues to work to restore our systems. At present, we are seeing issues with our DNS and Reseller Control Panel. As of 10:50 AM EST (15:50 UTC) we can report the following:

Impacted end customers (registrants) are experiencing service interruptions:
* Some websites are not resolving due to missing or incorrect DNS records.
* Some customers may experience email service interruptions due to missing DNS MX records

Please note: We’ve disabled DNS updates via the Enom Control Panel and API for all domains to ensure we don’t interfere with our ongoing efforts to restore DNS records for domains impacted by the DNS issue. New domain registrations and renewals are working as intended.

Resellers are experiencing the following services issues:
* Resellers will be unable to search for or view the list of domains in their account using the Enom Control Panel.

We will provide regular updates as we continue to resolve these issues. The next update will be provided by 12:00 PM EST (17:00 UTC).

Greetings All - posting on behalf of Enom regarding the service disruption. 

Enom’s engineering team has been working around the clock to resolve service issues for impacted customers from this weekend’s datacenter migration. Currently, a system-wide solution is being implemented, as is a short-term fix to the DNS resolution issues that certain end customers have been experiencing.  Hourly updates are being posted on the Enom Status page. We appreciate everyone's patience as we resolve the service disruption. 

Thank you. 

Yay, I can see my list of domains! 

our engineers have introduced an interim solution and continue to work on a system-wide solution, both of which will resolve the DNS resolution issue that certain end customers have been experiencing.

No action is required from customers. As of right now:

* Impacted customers should see their websites resolve imminently
* Any email service interruptions related to missing MX records should be resolved
* Resellers can now successfully generate the list of domains in their account using the Enom Control Panel

If you continue to experience resolution issues, we recommend clearing your browser history/cache.

At this time, the ability to update DNS records via the Enom Control Panel and API will remain disabled. Any DNS update requests have been backlogged and will be provisioned as soon as we’ve implemented our system-wide solution.

New domain registrations and renewals continue to process normally.

We will continue to update as these issues are resolved. The next update will be provided no later than 2:00 PM EST (19:00 UTC).

Too bad my original request from WHMCS was never responded to. One would think they'd be on high alert during a major outage like that and even though they don't usually respond, that at times like this they would. 

• 1 month later...

I don't mean to hijack this thread...but, this is in response to the issue with the addon and ENOM's failure. We had two domains that did not renew properly. The issue is that we got success reports. Even on the 16th, when these orders failed. So, we never thought about it again.

We cannot monitor every domain, so by accident, this week, we found out that these "successes" were actually failures, because the call never completed to ENOM. Now, since we don't keep module logging on at all times, there is no record. Is there not another log of api calls or something that I can peruse to see what happened when we tried the renewals? Otherwise...this issue cost us $500 bucks.

I appreciate any input.