Custom API Actions

maren

Hi,

I'm currently working on connecting WHMCS to some of our other support platforms, and I would like to create some custom API actions to help facilitate this.I've already tried adding additional action files to includes/api as mentioned accross the internet, however I receive an error message telling me "blank is not a valid API action" whenever I try to call them.

Somehow managed to submit the post early and now I can't edit it 😕
To whoever is approving this, please merge the two posts

I've seen mentioned in another community topic here that such a method is unsupported, which fits since there's no official documentation on it. In that post, it was suggested to instead use an addon module with client/admin area pages. I don't mind doing, and in fact have already done so, but how would I set up API authentication to go with it? I'm currently using an admin area page, do I need to create a robot admin user and somehow authenticate myself, or can I somehow allow a set of API credentials to access the page? Failing all that, does anyone know of a solution for creating API actions that still works?

Cheers

On 1/4/2022 at 9:26 AM, maren said:

Somehow managed to submit the post early and now I can't edit it 😕
To whoever is approving this, please merge the two posts

I've seen mentioned in another community topic here that such a method is unsupported, which fits since there's no official documentation on it. In that post, it was suggested to instead use an addon module with client/admin area pages. I don't mind doing, and in fact have already done so, but how would I set up API authentication to go with it? I'm currently using an admin area page, do I need to create a robot admin user and somehow authenticate myself, or can I somehow allow a set of API credentials to access the page? Failing all that, does anyone know of a solution for creating API actions that still works?

Cheers

Hello,

In order to help you out, could you please tell me a little bit more about what you wanna do? From what I've seen (by far), you wanna a custom API action, is that correct? If yes, check this example out! It's a piece of extra code from one of my modules.

<?php
/**
 *	WHMCS Link Discord version 1.2
 *	@package     WHMCS
 *	@copyright   Andrezzz
 *	@link        https://www.andrezzz.pt
 *	@author      André Antunes <andreantunes@andrezzz.pt>
 */

use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;

if (!defined('WHMCS')) {
  exit(header('Location: https://www.andrezzz.pt'));
}

$clients = Capsule::table('tblhosting')->where('domainstatus', 'Active')->groupBy('userid')->get(['userid']);

if (!$clients) {
  $error = 'No client found.';
}

if (!$error) {
  $apiresults = array("result" => "success", "clients" => $clients);
} else {
  $apiresults = array("result" => "error", "message" => $error);
}
?>

Edit: You'll need to create a file in the directory `/yourwhmcspath/includes/api/nameofaction.php` and change the `nameofaction` for your desired name.

Edited by andrezzz

@andrezzz I have already tried that

On 1/4/2022 at 8:21 PM, maren said:

I've already tried adding additional action files to includes/api as mentioned accross the internet, however I receive an error message telling me "blank is not a valid API action" whenever I try to call them.

That was actually the exact method I was using.

As for what I want to do, I'm currently using a custom addon module to add some custom sidebar widgets. The data contained in these widgets needs to be accessible from an external application, and I am trying to create an API route to query it.