Domain Expiry Dates

melanie

Hi All

I'm a WHMCS newbie and this probably seems like a silly question but I'm a bit confused about the expiry date and next due date for domains under the domain tab of the clients profile in WHMCS.

Does it mean that the date that is entered as the expiry is the date that the renewal notices will automatically go out ? or the date that the domain will actually expire -- I'm not quite sure, Please can someone advise me.

thank You

melanie

expiry date is the date the domain was registered .

next due date is date limit your clients have to pay the invoices and its usually the date of the expiry date or it can be a date earlier than the expiry date.

renewl notices will be taken from the expiry date and invoices will be created from the next due date.

thank you for that Joe, so as I now understand now

Registation date = date the domain was registerd eg 05/05/2007

Expiry date = the date the domain will expire eg 05/05/2008

Next due Date = the last date the renewal fees must be paid by 30/04/2008

I've set the renewal notices to go out 2 months before the time, do any of the dates above effect the dates when the renewal notifications go out?

thank you for that Joe, so as I now understand now

Registation date = date the domain was registerd eg 05/05/2007

Expiry date = the date the domain will expire eg 05/05/2008

Next due Date = the last date the renewal fees must be paid by 30/04/2008

I've set the renewal notices to go out 2 months before the time, do any of the dates above effect the dates when the renewal notifications go out?

the due date is the trigger.

thank you George - then I should actually be setting the due date back two months.

another question I have is - I'm not quite sure how to set up clients that have only registered a domain but have not yet signed up for a hosting package. I may have set this up incorrecty in WHM too coz what I did was created a package Registration only - with no features but the WHM requires at least 1mB to be allocated - in the WHMCS - will it feature as an pending domain??

No I believe you misunderstand. The due date is the trigger date for the invoice etc. The settings in your configuration in the admin area lets you send notices etc. that are based on the due date for up to 5 notices at different intervals.

expiry date is the date the domain was registered .

next due date is date limit your clients have to pay the invoices and its usually the date of the expiry date or it can be a date earlier than the expiry date.

renewl notices will be taken from the expiry date and invoices will be created from the next due date.

Came across a scenario, after other users feedback before talking to WHMCS about it ...

Where a domain extension only allows registration in set period (like .gb.com - 2years)

would an "auto-renew" until due date feature be of any use.

i.e.

reg date 1/1/2006

exp date 1/1/2008

due date 1/1/2020

would autorenew at no cost to the domain owner until the due date <= expiry date

?

We've started to put our own domains into WHMCS under an internal user account - and this thought this might be usefull ...