EPP Keys

ddg8176

Thanks for your help. The reason I asked is in Configuration there is the EPP Key check box on each TLD you setup. I guess I should leave those unchecked in light of this answer? If it is checked, then the order form asks for the EPP Key but if unchecked it doesn't. I am curious to know where do I enter the EPP Key in WHMCS manually if need be, since I am handling domain registration manually or would I even need to enter it? I guess if I have someone who wants to transfer, then they will need to contact their registry and request the transfer? If that's the case, do I still charge a transfer fee?

What do you do in the event a registry will not allow transfer and your customer pays a transfer fee... Refund or charge for attempting to transfer?

You tick it inthe configuration on all TLDs that need it.

If you;re processing domains maually you access the clients record in tehadmin area, click "add order", select "domain registration" and fill in all teh details (including the EPP key) and then when you accept the order you select the option to send to registry - or you unselect that option and manualy go to your registrar and use the details on the order

Rob

If this is enabled, does the order not get processed until the customer enters the EPP key? We use Enom and they require an EPP key, but I'm wondering if this is a possible deterrent to some signups, or if they're given the option to enter it after paying the invoice and having their account setup.