Importing Products

Thanks String,

I did see the API and can add a single product using the sample code however I am not a developer so taking it further so that I can bulk import is beyond me, I'm not too bad at hacking and adapting working scripts though

I am a little baffled why this is still not a capability of WHMCS itself as there seem to have been many requests over the years and would obviously help anyone who wanted to migrate to WHMCS although the trend does seem to be to move away ...

That is incredibly kind string, I am most grateful for your offer

An example with header row and text below - the header rows correspond to the WHMCS tblproducts and the last two columns to tblpricing database (MFG & MPN are two columns that I have added to the WHMCS database)

type,gid,name,description,MFG,MPN,welcomeemail,paytype,allowqty,servertype,tax,currency,monthy

other,21,Test Product,This is a test product,Test,ABC-01234,21,onetime,2,,1,1,99.99

Regards
Rob

1 hour ago, MrGettingRatherFrustrated said:

Thank you so much, you really are very kind 🙂
I will test 

It works great, thank you very much indeed.

I had to change the allowqty to use the post add logic you had as thats not available on the API

The only thing I'm still trying to work out is how (if) I can add multiple currencies to the price table in one go - I will carry on fiddling 🙂

9 hours ago, MrGettingRatherFrustrated said:

The only thing I'm still trying to work out is how (if) I can add multiple currencies to the price table in one go - I will carry on fiddling

Thats pretty easy, we have this line in the script:

$data['pricing'][$values['11']]['monthly'] = $values['12'];

$values['11'] is the currencyId from the CSV and $values['12'] the monthly pricing.

If you want to add a second currency, you would add:

$data['pricing'][$currencyId]['monthly'] = 'PRICE'; // $currencyId = e.g. "2"

Edited by string

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, string said:

The file must be uploaded into the root directory of your WHMCS installation. I suggest to test it first in a developer WHMCS installation 🙂

I am not sure if your custom columns MFG / MPN are in tblproducts, so you would have to adjust the script if it is in tblpricing.

importProducts.zipUnavailable

I was wondering if I could get the spreadsheet for this.