WHCMS Hosting

Eddev

Hi All,

I have a hosting reseller account which provides WHM/CPanel plans but doesn’t provide WHMCS.  I am purchasing a WHCMS license and also want to keep my WHCMS server separate to my hosting reseller account.   I am trying to source a reliable host with CPanel where I can install WHCMS with my own license and link to my hosting reseller server. Other hosting resellers are not that keen on facilitating a server to connect to some other hosting service. Can anyone recommend a company that would accommodate  my independent WHCMS control panel or should I just set up my own VPS with CPanel and WHCMS?

5 hours ago, Remitur said:

I too strongly suggest a VPS.
With just 20 bucks/month on (i.e.) Linode you'll have far more resources, more reliability and more customization availability than any third-party shared hosting.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there much risk hosting CPanel and WHCMS  opposed to a hosting provider regards updates and security?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, Eddev said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there much risk hosting CPanel and WHCMS  opposed to a hosting provider regards updates and security?

It's a different risk.
Any third-party shared hosting service has some kind of risk, that is out of your control.
If you have your own hosting service for your WHMCS install, you have to care about updates and security, but you have everything under your control.
So, in the first case, if anything goes wrong it may be a fault of yours or of your provider (and in emergency it may be very difficult to get it for sure). 
In the second case, if anything goes wrong it's for sure a fault of yours.