Namesilo domain expiry notices not sending

Came to realize that expiry notices to users with domains at Namesilo are not sending. No errors, nothing to indicate failure other than WHMCS (8.1.3) not generating emails. Those still on Namecheap receive them. I opened a bug report, and WHMCS says it's not something they're seeing, changed it to "not a bug" and asked for access (again). I also noticed the regular domainsync now shows Namesilo domains as "In Sync", even though they're not actively polling Namesilo, AFAIK. Waiting to hear if they changed something there and how they're determining sync status.

Since last summer we began moving names from Namecheap to Namesilo, so this is only now coming up and it's a major problem.

For those of you with client domains using Namesilo, are they getting the domain expiry notices you have set?

I don't use Namesilo so I'm not much help. Are you receiving the Domain Sync email from WHMCS when it supposedly runs? I looked at the Github page for Namesilo and it doesn't look like they've updated the module recently. Maybe that's the problem? It's confusing because their Github page says 8.x compatible in one place and 7.x compatible in another.

Doesn't look like this is updated or else it would probably be the way to go: https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4875-namesilo-extended-domain-registrar-module-for-whmcs

Found this too which makes me think the module isn't properly updated for WHMCS v8.1.3

https://github.com/namesilo/whmcs/issues/3

Edited by evolve hosting

Saw that on Git, and asked at Namesilo. The scripts that they provide do all the provisioning stuff and sync, but none of the expiry notice emails. That's all handled (or in this case, not) by WHMCS. Despite that I've updated to the latest Namesilo files, no change (since they don't handle those emails). 

Yes, I get the email about sync from WHMCS (as well as the separate one from Namesilo, from a separate cron), and the WHMCS one used to say in the past "registrar module not compatible" for any Namesilo domain. Lately it says "In sync" for both registrars, though I'm fairly sure they aren't checking at Namesilo, as I can find no mention of that being added anywhere.

I will mention this about paid addons; I don't trust them. Nearly all are encoded (and have intimate access to the installation), and so many have vanished over the years that it's a crapshoot that it will continue to work or potentially do something awful. 

Edited by bear

Should someone come across this, I have the likely explanation. 

As mentioned, we're in the process of moving domains from Namecheap to Namesilo as they come up for renewal. To do so, rather than the cancel existing invoice, create transfer in WHMCS and apply payment method it seems to want, we simply initiated the transfer outside of WHMCS, and once complete change the registrar within the admin interface.
Seemed simple enough, with less confusing emails to clients, and was working fine. 
Only thing is, that method was not resetting the WHMCS method of tracking what notices were sent (tbldomains, reminders field). It was keeping the old reminder info, so not triggering new emails. Clearing those out seems to have fixed it. 

This means I either make sure to use the fairly convoluted and confusing (to clients) "kill invoice, add transfer invoice, pay and proceed" or I need to go fiddle in the database on every move. Neither appealing, but the "use WHMCS for transfers" seems the lesser of two evils.