Duplicated items on invoices

I have just noticed today that a bunch of invoices WHMCS has created have duplicated items on them.

For example, a client has purchased a single hosting package but on the invoice they have been billed twice.

In addition the above, I have noticed while this is happening, WHMCS has also created an empty invoice with no line items and a zero value.

This has happened on multiple invoices for multiple customers and has resulted in customers being overcharged causing me to manually adjust the invoice monthly, which can be time consuming, this has never happened before, please could you explain why this could have happened, or what could have caused this to happen?

Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, Shuheb Ahmed said:

This has happened on multiple invoices for multiple customers and has resulted in customers being overcharged causing me to manually adjust the invoice monthly, which can be time consuming, this has never happened before, please could you explain why this could have happened, or what could have caused this to happen?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Invoicing_Issues#Double_Invoices.2FCharges.2FBlank_Invoices

There are several invoicing issues that a common misconfiguration can cause. The system may generate two invoices for the same service and due date, may double-charge a client for the same invoice, or may generate a completely blank invoice.

A cron job running twice at the same time can cause this. The cron job should only run once per day, and should never run simultaneously. To confirm this, review Configuration () > System Logs (Utilities > Logs > Activity Log in WHMCS 7.x and earlier). There should only be one Cron Job: Completed entry per day. If there is more than one, check the server's cron job configuration to ensure there is only one entry for the cron.php file in accordance with our our documentation.

assuming it's not a cron issue, or there is a misfiring hook or addon causing this, your best bet is to probably open a ticket with Support and let them figure out the misconfiguration cause.