Restrict access to your WHMCS admin

Today I noted that I was not able to access my WHMCS admin (got that display on browser)

image.png.c328c9107bdc0600cf9238f8b47192b0.png

For a moment it sounds strange and trying to checked what happened. First thing was my is hosting server down?

I tested other website on same shared hosted and it works!! Well it gets scared!!!

I logged-in directly to my WHM and when it prompts me to enter my 2 Factor authentication PIN it brings me  more peace of mind

image.png.1d949dd22d0955575c5a628af874f4ff.png

once on WHM and latter to cpanel, made security inspection and noted that my  .htaccess restricted me to loggin, and after more excavation found that my public IP were different ( my Internet service provider ISP  released a different range of IP´s) that I have not allowed access to my WHMCS admin. So after confirm that there is new range of IP, I added that to my  .htaccess and it starts works normally.

So it looks to be a good practice using those security tips. Happy that it blocked me access 😃because it shows me in practice that it will block others un-wanted strangers away from my server.