Help making a BARE custom page

smithereenz

Hi again,

I've spent the best part of the day on these forums and now have a pretty good idea about the template setup and how it interlinks with the WHMCS installation, but there's nothing (that i could find... and I really HAVE looked) that addresses my scenario.

Here's what I'm after:

The WHMCS installation to remain as it is, so clients can login and check accounts, pay, upgrade etc etc.

But....

I would like to utilise the domain checker and purchase/order facility on my main site.

To allow me to do this, I would need a bare page... when I say bare, I mean bare apart from the domain checker, or the order process... no header, no footer, no menus... just the domain checker or order facility.

I have made a custom page (using this method) and have the domain checker (more or less) working... its just not showing the domain extensions, but a bit more digging in the code should have this rectified.

When I edit the header to remove them from the custom page, it removes them from the entire site... which isn't what I'm after... I'd like the domain checked on the WHMCS installation, AND to be able to utilise it on my site.

Just to add... the reason I want a BARE page, is because I am using Jooma for my main hosting/design site and I could integrate it into the site via a wrapper (joomla iframe).

I've been at this most of the day, and maybe its something blatantly obvious that's staring me in the face, so a fresh outlook would be very much appreciated.

many thanks in advance for what may be a stupid question :)

edited>>>

I tried the domain checker integration solution from the knowledge base, but the results are shown on domainchecker.php... which has menu's etc etc and adds scroll bars to the Wrapper/iframe

yes, this allows me to show the domain checker on the main page of my main site, but when the submit button is clicked and the results are shown, it displays domainchecker.php (or equivilant custom page) along with header, footer and menu which forces scroll bars into the wrapper/iframe

I have the same problem. It seems near impossible to integrate effetively into a Joomla site. I thought it could be accomplished by copying php code into wrapped joomla pages, but any links that reference domainchecker.php or clientarea.php, etc. result in a wrapped display of the whmcs area including all menus, header, etc.

Isn't there any way to just display the content section of a whmcs page rather than showing the entire whmcs template?

It looks like it's been done before by others, but I would greatly appreciate a little guidance as to how to accomplish this. Thanks!

What you can do, is append ?systemtemplate=yourtemplate to the end of domainchecker.php

This will allow you to use a custom template. The code if you are interested is

<form action="http://clients.yourdomain.tld/domainchecker.php?systemtemplate=newtemplate" method="post"> 
<input type="hidden" name="direct" value="true"> 
Domain: <input type="text" name="domain" size="20"> <select name="ext">
<option>.com</option>
<option>.net</option>
<option>.org</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Go"> 
</form>

So you can put the ?systemtemplate=newtemplate on the end of just about any of the URL's to create a theme that is separate from your WHMCS install.

I don't have my website ready to show yet, but within the next month I will have an example that will blow the socks off of everything else that has ever been posted. I will give great detail on how to accomplish many things like this.

Just ask if you guys have any Q's.

Thanks!