Many useless additional clicks - v8 admin

Why are certain features buried in the admin side? For example, if I edit a product addon and then want to go back to edit another one, I have to click system settings, then find product addons in the mess of boxes / links on the next page and then search through the list of addons again to find the next addon I want to edit. It would make a lot more sense to have a 'back to product addons' link after I save an update to a product addon.

If anyone has a hook to get rid of the MarketConnect sideblock on the system settings page and from the list of system settings, that would be great. Removing the permissions for the users group isn't enough. MarketConnect is never something I'll use.

It sure would be nice to cleanup the admin area and make it more customizable and efficient. It's cluttered with a lot of stuff that not everyone wants to use.

Edit: I did overlook the search bar on the system settings page. That helps a bit.

Edited by evolve hosting

15 hours ago, evolve hosting said:

Why are certain features buried in the admin side?

a good question.

For example, if I edit a product addon and then want to go back to edit another one, I have to click system settings, then find product addons in the mess of boxes / links on the next page and then search through the list of addons again to find the next addon I want to edit. It would make a lot more sense to have a 'back to product addons' link after I save an update to a product addon.

the navigation has always been weirdly inconsistent, e.g if you're editing a product and save it, then it shows a link back to the products list; try to do the same on product addons... and as you say, nothing - no link back.

for me it's not a practical issue as I have a back button on the mouse, but I can well imagine what a pain it would be without it.

If anyone has a hook to get rid of the MarketConnect sideblock on the system settings page and from the list of system settings, that would be great.

you mean.... ?

PLuvOTX.png

<?php

# Remove MC Block from System Settings Hook
# Written by brian!

function admin_custom_css_remove_mc_hook($vars) {

if ($vars['pagetitle'] == AdminLang::trans('setup.title')) {
		$head_return = '<style>
		#setupLinks .link-container:nth-child(4) {display: none !important;}
		.col-md-8 {width: 100% !important;}
		.tasks {display: none !important;}
		</style>';
		return $head_return;
	}
}
add_hook("AdminAreaHeaderOutput",1,"admin_custom_css_remove_mc_hook");

the first CSS line gets rid of the MarketConnect box.

Note: check it still works after every update because the hook is just using CSS to remove the 4th box - so if WHMCS changes its position in the output, you'll have to adjust the CSS accordingly...  as per usual, they are not using unique IDs on these classes. 🙄

the second and third lines remove the "Setup Tasks" block on the right and adjust the width of the output to 100% - if you don't want to do this, just remove those two lines.

sjFm5sJ.png

4 hours ago, brian! said:

the first CSS line gets rid of the MarketConnect box.

Note: check it still works after every update because the hook is just using CSS to remove the 4th box - so if WHMCS changes its position in the output, you'll have to adjust the CSS accordingly...  as per usual, they are not using unique IDs on these classes. 🙄

the second and third lines remove the "Setup Tasks" block on the right and adjust the width of the output to 100% - if you don't want to do this, just remove those two lines.

Looks so much cleaner and works on v8.1.3

As always, thank you!