Domain transfer without renewal

There's a number of TLD that, when transferred, do not renew (as it happens, instead, with .com domain).

I.e. .co.uk domains: when you transfer a .co.uk, the expiring date remain the same.

But in WHMCS there's an issue about this; and, having met with very same issue with a number of different registrar module, I guess that it's a WHMCS issue, and not a registrar's module issue.

Follow me:

• 1/5/21: user issue a domain transfer order for a example.co.uk; current expiring date is 1/7/21
  • user pays nothing: .co.uk domain transfer is free of charge
  • WHMCS issue an invoice, "Domain Transfer - example.co.uk - 1 Year/s (01/05/2021 - 01/05/2022)   - € 0.00"
  • 2/5/21: transfer is completed; expiring date is 1/7/21, "next due date" is 01/05/2022

So, AFAIK just two ways to manage this:

• if you set transfer price to zero, you'll need to explain to the user that the invoice is wrong
  • if you decide to include a one year renewal with domain transfer, when transfer is complete you'll need to process a domain renewal manually

Both of them are misleading and definitely a mess...

Am I missing something about this, or maybe there's any trick I don't know?
How do you manage this issue?

Edited by Walther

On 4/26/2021 at 7:29 AM, Walther said:

Am I missing something about this, or maybe there's any trick I don't know?
How do you manage this issue?

Hook to remove dates from the invoice line before sending and custom cron to read the tag-change emails from the registrar and fill in the dates are the 2 obvious solutions 🙂

7 hours ago, othellotech said:

Hook to remove dates from the invoice line before sending and custom cron to read the tag-change emails from the registrar and fill in the dates are the 2 obvious solutions 🙂

So, no ready solution "off the shelf" is available from  WHMCS, and the function requires to be  implemented by custom code... 🙄