Initial Paypal Setup

Hey all. I'm still a novice in my understanding of WHMCS and still trying to setup initial things.

One of them is the payment gateway. I already have a Paypal Business Account and use the automatic configuration setup to link my account. The gateway module now shows my CLIENT ID and Secret. What is the next step after this? The current problem is that invoices are not showing any Paypal payment button. However, modules like PayPal Website Payments Pro which use the older API based settings are working. 

For reference I am using WHMCS 8.1.3.

My opinion is to continue with the old PayPal module. I also tried to use the new module, where I found a non user friendly experience issue, I reported to WHMCS support and they replied that this is the way that module works.

In details, if a user has credits on his account to cover the payment and selects it, the old module, updates the order as paid automatically. The new module, without any special reason, open the popup window, connect to PayPal, user must login to his account, accept the payment (even with zero price if I remember well), and only then updates the order as paid. 

Edited by WHMUp

I have same issue. Old one works new one doesnt. I got it right once then it just stopped and blank button on invoices again. really dont know what the issue is. whmcs support also checked but they were clueless they just recopied the paypal files over again onto our install. but that did nothing. they disnt even check to ensure it was fixed. customers dont like thhe old paypal but guess i got to stick with it for now or use 2checkout rather