Tracking orders - Job Queue

codemaster2008

Hi;

I'd like to know how people deal with some kind of "Job Queue" on WHMCS because i can't figure it out.

Let's say i'm working with products like dedicated server with no integration between WHMCS and any other control panel.

When somebody places an order, if they gonna pay by check or deposit, the order will be pending with other orders pending for other reasons (like credit card declined and stuff like that).

If the order was paid by credit card at the checkout time, i believe will be harder to track it between all other paid orders.

Since i'm just starting with it, i'd like some expert advise on this.

All we need is camer here (let's say "our WHMCS"), see what servers we need to setup and... leave to watch some tv 8)

Thanks in advance;

If the order was paid by credit card at the checkout time, i believe will be harder to track it between all other paid orders.

How? The order will still be listed as 'pending' waiting for you to accept it and you can then see what has been ordered when you view it and whether you need to do anything manually before you approve it.

Si

How? The order will still be listed as 'pending' waiting for you to accept it and you can then see what has been ordered when you view it and whether you need to do anything manually before you approve it.

Si

Hi Si,

I still think the workflow would be a little less complicated.

What i love abut WHMCS is that it's very easy to use (i came from ModernBill). I had my system all set in minutes.

But here, or the software is missing something or... "I AM" missing something.

I though about what you said and took a look at it.

Let's start again:

- An user order something, and will pay by check. This order is pending

- Another user order, try to pay by credit card but, the card is declined. So, this order is also pending.

- Another user order and pay at checkout, his order is paid and also, pending.

Now, here is the thing:

I go to the Orders page and now i have 200 pending orders and i can't separate paid from unpaid unless i look at one by one.

I can filter by "Order Status" but it doesn't help me because even the "Paid" orders have a "Pending" status (same as those waiting for payments)

The list also can not be ordered by "Payment Status", which would help because if it was possible, all "Complete" would be together.

I'm not sure if i am making myself clear (sry, english is not my first language), from my point of view, i need a place where i can go, see just the orders with "payment status = complete" and process it (create the accounts manually). But at this moment, i cannot separate the payment completed from all others pending orders.

wow,

first thing I would say is, English is very good for it not being your first language.

Then these:

1) You do have a point about not being able to filter completed orders in the pending list and maybe this is something you should raise as a feature request.

2) 200 pending orders!!! WOW! you gotta tell me your marketing secrets. I'm almost 9 years in the business and if we get 5 new orders a day we crack open the champagne :lol:

I'm guessing thats why this hasn't been an issue raised before as once most people get on top of their orders its easy to sort out even 20 pending (completed or incomplete) orders as they come in.

With 200 coming in, I'd be on the beach and leaving it to others to handle lol

3) Most of what we do as well is automated setup. Isn't that an option for you in the majority of orders? Probably 95% of what our customers order happens instantly. So with pending orders we just approve and the job is done. In fact, we have it set up that activation is instant on payment. Approving orders is only our 'checking' process.

4) Came from modernbill as well a few months back and it took 2 of us about 2 and a half months to move across, and a further 2 and half months of 'tweaking' in a 'live' situation. The fact that you did it 'in minutes' is a credit to you.

5) I don't think you're missing anything at all. 200 pending orders and an import from MB in minutes is fantastic. I want your business lol

I would seriously drop a line in the feature requests section for the sorting of pending orders by payment status.

Happy 2008.

Si

Hi Si,

Thanks for all your comments, it really helped a lot.

Yes, i did set up and got it working in a matter of minutes, the software is well designed and very easy to understand.

Off course, as you said it happaned to you, i'll probably need more time to get use to it.

About the 200 orders, i was saying "hypothetically" :lol:

But i agree if you, with a "real number" of 20 (or less) orders a day it get easyer.

About the automated setup (customer order an item and get it instantly) it's still hard for me because ours services are running on Windows enviroment and everything use ASP.NET, we do have api's (web services) to create, suspend and remove services but since i'm not good on php (i work well with c# and vb.net), it will take time to integrate WHMCS this way,

But once again, thanks a lot, you did make things more clear to me.

Have a happy new year and....

Lots and lots of daily orders on our systems :lol: