Whats the purpose of Profile email field now that users exist?

splasher

Hi,

Now that Users are in full effect. What is the purpose of the Profile email field?

Doesnt seem to serve a purpose but could be wrong.

The problem came up when trying to create new account that uses the same email as an existing account and user.

Is there anyway to create a new account with an email used by another account and user, and also associate them to the same existing user?

I tried selecting the existing user with the  "Associate with existing user" option on the Profile page when trying to add the new account. But returns error:

"Duplicate Email Address
The email address entered is already in use by another client account and must be unique for each client"

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's still not possible to use the same email address twice. I asked about it during the beta period for v8 (the thread is gone now because it was in the beta boards...), and as far as I remember the response, all emails except directly User related ones such as password resets are sent to the Client account email address.

I asked whether there was a plan to change the unique email requirement for client accounts in the future, but apparently because many modules make use of the unique email address to identify a Client and would be broken by removing the requirement it's not likely to change anytime soon.