Strange client login issue

I'm playing around testing everything works at the moment, and created myself a client account to use personally. I seem to have a strange issue with logging in to the client area.

if I go from my site link to the login form in whmcs, and log in, the client logs in, but I get an oops! page instead of seeing the client home page.

If I log out again and them just log in through the client portal it works fine.

If I follow my site link after I have loaded up the login form, but not then logged in, it works fine. To explain, I got to log in, in the portal, but when the form loads I then go back to my website. I then click the link to the login page, and it works.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the token that is generated for logging in <input type="hidden" name="token" value="89ab279980cb534c3b3b1a61b04c7431edbfa4d4"> which changes everytime, but seems to stay the same until used.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

4 hours ago, Pixelhomes said:

if I go from my site link to the login form in whmcs, and log in, the client logs in, but I get an oops! page instead of seeing the client home page.

you'll need to enable error reporting and WHMCS should give you more details about the cause of that oops error.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Enabling_Error_Reporting

It turns out the error was between the chair and the keyboard. I had linked to the URL in the address bar, and that was making it act weird.  I linked to path-to -whmcs/index.php/login, which is showing in the address bar. But I should have been linking to path-to -whmcs/clientarea.php.

So my URL ended up being path-to -whmcs/index.php/clientarea.php resulting in the 404 Oops page. Which didn't give any errors, leaving me to look at other issues like developer error 🙂

I thought i'd put this up in case anyone else does this by accident in the future.