Add domain to basket

olliedog

Hi All,

I would like to be able to keep customers on my WP site while they look at packages etc, but if they search a domain, they automatically end up in WHMCS domain search window.

Is it possible if they search for a domain, stay within WP for the time being, and add the available domain to a basket, maybe add a hosting package or hosting package with WP template to the basket, then checkout from WP to WHMCS, would like to keep them in WP for as long as I can, as WHMCS is not as easy to customise as WP is, for someone with my skill level ;-)

Ive looked at whmpress, but its not what I want with using page builders and extra plugin bloat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ollie

18 hours ago, olliedog said:

Is it possible if they search for a domain, stay within WP for the time being, and add the available domain to a basket, maybe add a hosting package or hosting package with WP template to the basket, then checkout from WP to WHMCS, would like to keep them in WP for as long as I can, as WHMCS is not as easy to customise as WP is, for someone with my skill level 😉

ultimately, I think you might be better off themeing your WHMCS to look like your WP, e.g so users can't see the join when they flip between the two.

18 hours ago, olliedog said:

Ive looked at whmpress, but its not what I want with using page builders and extra plugin bloat.

I think that would have been your simplest off-the-shelf solution.... there may be alternatives in Marketplace, but none spring to mind.

Hi Brian,

So if I wanted to edit the templates or create my own pages, is it possible to change the content in the WHMCS landing page and move the original content to anew template page?  would this mess up any template links?

I want customers to reach the WP template page first then look for domains, so would prefer the index.php to offer these services first, then the next page would be the domain purchasing.

Hope that makes some sense

Ollie

On 17/02/2021 at 17:13, olliedog said:

So if I wanted to edit the templates or create my own pages, is it possible to change the content in the WHMCS landing page and move the original content to anew template page?

you can move the content of any template, but there is no guarantee that it would work if anything the original template is relying on doesn't exist in the new template.

you could put a domain search on any page, either directly with code, using a data feed... or possibly a WP plugin if this is going to be a WP page... by default, it would pass the search term to the cart to initiate the search process, though you could use a WP ajax search that would do the search on the WP page and then add the domains to the cart to being the configuration process.

with regards to the landing page, if you mean the homepage, then that will consist of a number of templates - 3 I think with Six, and maybe 4 or 5 with 21.