I am rather confused by the latest update to the language files, apart from the fact that there are keys supplied by WHMCS in response to tickets still missing I needed to do some analysis so I could update the language files I have produced for those languages not supported out of the box by WHMCS.

Now I'm sure like me you would expect new keys to be added to the end of the language files and certainly not before the annotations for previous versions but no, they are added all over the places which obviously makes it rather difficult to maintain language files for other languages:-

Line    Key

70       $_LANG['announcementscontinue'] = "Continue reading";
263    $_LANG['contactUs'] = "Contact Us";
539    $_LANG['networkIssuesAware'] = "We are aware of a potentially service impacting issue.";
540    $_LANG['networkIssuesScheduled'] = "There are upcoming maintenance events which may impact our services.";
852    $_LANG['user'] = "User";
853    $_LANG['loggedInAs'] = "Logged in as";
854    $_LANG['viewAllPricing'] = "View all pricing";

856    Annotated as Version 4.1 so WTF are there changes BEFORE this?

894    Version 4.2

942    Version 4.3

1024    Version 4.4

1031    Version 4.5

1112    Version 4.5.2

1118    Version 5.0.0

1250    $_LANG['copy'] = "Copy";

1411    Version 5.2

1491    Version 5.3

1532    $_LANG['domaincontactdetails']['Phone Country Code'] = "Phone Country Code";

1560    Version 6.0

1792    $_LANG['clientHomePanels']['productsAndServices'] = "Browse our Products/Services";

3185    $_LANG['forJust'] = "for just";

3743    $_LANG['userLogin']['notRegistered'] = "Not registered?";

So that is a change made to fix an error in the 21 theme at row 854 for example, prior to the version 4.1 annotations - it really doesnt make any sense and appears completely arbitrary 

So this is a direct appeal to the developers as I cant be bothered wasting my time arguing with support while they say its by design and try and justify changes prior to annotated versions or context.
Context is key in translations so phrases such as just two examples below can be very difficult to translate suitably as their is no context on what the word or phrase relates to
$_LANG['forJust'] = "for just";
$_LANG['copy'] = "Copy";

Please properly qualify the words and phrases to aid translation  and make all additions to the language files sequential as it makes it very difficult to identify changes and maintain them otherwise and it is these sorts of things which deter people from supporting or maintaining them. Having translated a couple of languages from close to scratch sometimes I just have to hope that I have guessed the correct context ...

Edited by MrGettingRatherFrustrated
clarification