Disable billing sections or synch with Zoho Books

thanos

Hello,

I'm new to WHMCS and I need some guidance on how to go about an issue I have.

We are using WHMCS, but we're not interested in using the billing section of the system at all. We use Zoho Books instead, and we would like to keep all the invoicing in one place.

There are two solutions I can think of:

1. disable and hide anything billing-related from WHMCS
  2. synch Zoho Books and WHMCS billing

As far as I understand no 1 is possible by fiddling with some settings and creating a child theme to hide all the billing related elements.
No 2 seems to be a development issue - either develop a WHMCS module or an external app that updates the WHMCS billing info via the use of both APIs. Also to note that we would like to create and update the invoices in Zoho rather than the other way around.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is the best way to go about this?  Does someone have any real-life experience? What worked best for them? 

Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Warmly,

Thanos

On 28/01/2021 at 11:54, thanos said:

As far as I understand no 1 is possible by fiddling with some settings and creating a child theme to hide all the billing related elements.

I suspect its slightly more involved than fiddling with settings - I mean if your clients are using WHMCS on the ordering side , then invoices are going to get created - now you could stop them being sent to clients, but there will be so many features that you'd have to disable, including cron tweaks, that it's more than a quick fiddle.

No 2 seems to be a development issue - either develop a WHMCS module or an external app that updates the WHMCS billing info via the use of both APIs.

last year, Zoho said they had no plans of their own for a syncing script, so one option would be Zapier... but other than that, you might need to be looking at having a custom solution creation.

Also to note that we would like to create and update the invoices in Zoho rather than the other way around.

so the plan is to just use WHMCS for account creation / changes etc ?