Problem with all Support Ticket Messages

MikeDVB

Whether the user creates a support ticket via the client area or sending an e-mail to my support address...

This is what they get (notice the Department)

"Thank you for contacting our support team. A support ticket has now been opened for your request. You will be notified when a response is made by email. The details of your ticket are shown below.

Subject: test

Department: [Department]

You can view the..."

This is an actual excerpt from a test ticket I made to verify the system was working correctly.

Can someobdy please help me fix this as I don't even know where to start.

Thanks,

Mike

*Also* I have somehow set it up so that it will send my e-mail address a copy of the support ticket (it shows as addressed to the customer in the FROM field) and I cannot figure out how to turn it off/disable it.

My e-mail box is getting flooded because every time a ticket opens I get a ticket notification and a separate e-mail with a copy of the autoresponse to the customer. If you could tell me how to turn this off I'd REALLY appreciate it.

(posted as reply because it wouldn't let me edit)

Mike

For your flood of emails go to Configuration > Manage Administrators and click the Edit icon at the right end. Scroll to the bottom of the page and see if you have ticked the checkbox that says "Tick this box to receive email notifications when new tickets are opened or responded to".

For your flood of emails go to Configuration > Manage Administrators and click the Edit icon at the right end. Scroll to the bottom of the page and see if you have ticked the checkbox that says "Tick this box to receive email notifications when new tickets are opened or responded to".

This box is not checked on any of my administrators, specificially my account either... But yet I still get a copy of the client's email. I like the "There is a new support ticket, Please log in at yoursite.com/admin to respond" email but the "Thank you for starting a support ticket we will respond shortly" to my administrative e-mail address is becoming a pain.

*edit* I tested with the box checked and not checked, it turns off the actual administrator notice (the one I want) but does nothing for the BCC of the customer's email that I am getting.

I also made sure to check the template and made sure it did not have my email listed as the "send copy to" and it doesn't, none of them do.

What support departments do you have setup?

I have two visible and one hidden department. The visible are Support and Sales and the hidden is Abuse.

I tried every department, I went thru all the departments and I cannot find any errors with the configuration.

It's the email template that came with WHMCS, I haven't modified it.

And if [Department] is not a valid variable, then what is, I know that other sites I have used WHMCS for (not mine, but purchased things from companies that used it) it sends Department: Support or Department: Sales in the ticket messages.

And I'm still getting flooded with the extra e-mails...

Any insight on this?

Mike

And I'm still getting flooded with the extra e-mails...

Ah I see, I had WHMCS set up to BCC all messages sent to a storage e-mail account, but I forgot to set up the storage e-mail account and it was all bouncing to my main account. Silly me.

I only found it out once I figured out how to open the headers in Outlook 2003 LOL.

But the [Department] issue still stands. [Department] is in all of the template e-mails by default I didn't add it, but it's not working.

Mike

Interesting... Because from another company that uses the same system:

Ticket ID: AGY-594771

Subject: Message Piping not working

Department: Support

I'll also reiterate that I have not modified the support ticket messages. This has to be some sort of bug... Every other site that runs WHMCS that I have put support tickets in at, provides Department: (Department Name Here)

Mike