Remove 0, O, I, l from Auto generated password for Service

Synister

6 minutes ago, Synister said:

Hello, Id like to remove 0, O, I, l from the passwords that are generated for the service.. Is this possible?

Kian has some relevant password generator hooks that I think you could slightly tweak for your situation, e.g remove those characters, numbers from the string of available characters and it should generate a password without using them....

there is a third version of the hook, but that won't be relevant for your situation.

39 minutes ago, Synister said:

I have tried v1 and v2 and it doesn't effect the password. I even tried setting it so it only generated 1234567890 to test it and when ran a test account and the Password still had mixed letters.

maybe the hook point isn't triggering with the method you're using to create the account - what happens if you use PreModuleCreate instead ?

22 hours ago, brian! said:

maybe the hook point isn't triggering with the method you're using to create the account - what happens if you use PreModuleCreate instead ?

I had to stop using PreModuleCreate for the better 😕 Few weeks ago I realized that this hook point acts weirdly. Yes, it changes the password used for provisioning BUT in the same time stores a different password in tblhosting.password. The only way to make it sure that both password are the same, is via OverrideModuleUsernameGeneration 😥

On 12/23/2020 at 9:12 AM, Kian said:

I had to stop using PreModuleCreate for the better 😕 Few weeks ago I realized that this hook point acts weirdly. Yes, it changes the password used for provisioning BUT in the same time stores a different password in tblhosting.password. The only way to make it sure that both password are the same, is via OverrideModuleUsernameGeneration 😥

How would this be done? Doesn't that just change the Username?

I tried this and it still does not use only the selected letters for the password

<?php

/**
 * Stronger Password Generator for WHMCS Provisioning v1
 * @package     WHMCS
 * @copyright   Katamaze
 * @link        https://katamaze.com
 * @author      Davide Mantenuto <info@katamaze.com>
 */

use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;

add_hook('OverrideModuleUsernameGeneration', 1, function($vars)
{
    $password = substr(str_shuffle('0123456789'), 0, $length = '10');
    Capsule::table('tblhosting')->where('id', $vars['params']['serviceid'])->update(['password' => Encrypt($password)]);
});