Domain Sync Rate Limiting

erock4

I have my domains registered via NameCheap, but I've noticed in my latest cron report emails that my WHMCS instance is hitting a rate limit when trying to synchronize the expiry dates. A couple questions...

1. Why does it require an API call every 4 hours for every domain in my system? Why can't it at least rotate through my domains and check them once a month, or only when they are nearing the expiry date?

2. Did something surrounding this change with the 8.0 update? Prior to 8.0, each domain in my report just said "In Sync" so I assume it wasn't actually calling the API each time the cron job ran. Is this a setting I need to tweak?

16 hours ago, erock4 said:

1. Why does it require an API call every 4 hours for every domain in my system? Why can't it at least rotate through my domains and check them once a month, or only when they are nearing the expiry date?

doesn't it still only check 50 P/T/A domains at a time - so if it's running every 4 hours, that's 300 domains per day (~9000 a month).

On 12/11/2020 at 12:35, shane_blink said:

With Namecheap it seems to check the same domain each 4 hours and times out after 19 due to Namecheap API limit of 20 per second. It worked prior to V 8.0 update though so something must have changed where they're all submitted in the same request.

then you'll probably need to open a ticket with Support as WHMCS wrote both the sync functionality and the Namecheap module.