Problems after upgrading

Hello all,

Wonder if someone can assist with some issues I have using the newest V8.0.4.
1)  When I hover over System Settings, the drop down list appears but it wont allow me to click on a link, If I move the cursor down to General Settings, the drop down list disappears. The link for System Settings is all wrong, the System is ok, but the word settings is underneath in the white area, and needs to be corrected (See image1 & image1a). This is on the v4 admin template.  Issue is not there on Blend.

2) In the Admin area, the reset password just shows a key and no link is there (image2)

3) I am unable to log in as client anymore. When I click on it, it just opens up the client log in page and says Please complete the captcha and try again. recaptcha v2 is enabled and correct. If I disable this, and try to log in as a client Login Details Incorrect. Please try again.

This again, only happens when using the v4 template. Using Blend it works. 

4) When I go into Client Profile in the Admin section, there are fields missing under the clients email address (image3). Even when you add a client there appears to be fields missing (image3a). Not there on both admin v4 and blend. Is this something that has been removed?

It doesnt matter what client template I am using. It happens even on the six template. I have also tried multiple browsers, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. all same result

Anyone know when this issues are likely to be fixed? 

Rgds
Aaron

image1.png

image1a.png

image2.png

image3.png

image3a.png

Edited by Apex Managed Services

On 07/11/2020 at 12:23, Apex Managed Services said:

Wonder if someone can assist with some issues I have using the newest V8.0.4.

the quick answer is that the v4 admin theme is no longer shipped with WHMCS v8+ - it now only includes a modified Blend theme....although if you updated, the old v4 theme might still be present, but not guaranteed to work.

https://blog.whmcs.com/133637/new-look-admin-area-in-whmcs-80

1)  When I hover over System Settings, the drop down list appears but it wont allow me to click on a link, If I move the cursor down to General Settings, the drop down list disappears. The link for System Settings is all wrong, the System is ok, but the word settings is underneath in the white area, and needs to be corrected (See image1 & image1a). This is on the v4 admin template.  Issue is not there on Blend.

the language string for "Setup" has now been changed to "System Settings" - a language override could be used to change it back to setup.

2) In the Admin area, the reset password just shows a key and no link is there (image2)

likely a v4 issue - password resetting has changed in v8 and you can no longer edit the password in the admin area.

3) I am unable to log in as client anymore. When I click on it, it just opens up the client log in page and says Please complete the captcha and try again. recaptcha v2 is enabled and correct. If I disable this, and try to log in as a client Login Details Incorrect. Please try again.

This again, only happens when using the v4 template. Using Blend it works. 

I think you've answered your own question - v4 is deprecated and you might have to switch to using Blend.

4) When I go into Client Profile in the Admin section, there are fields missing under the clients email address (image3). Even when you add a client there appears to be fields missing (image3a). Not there on both admin v4 and blend. Is this something that has been removed?

yes - it's where the old password reset fields were I think.... looks terrible doesn't it... I previously posted a hook that removes or hides them with CSS, but that must have been in the v8 beta forums as I can't find the post (that's one reason why I don't like posting in them) - but if necessary, I can post it again if you need it... it would work with Blend (didn't test it on v4 as that's not included in the v8 install).

el3uIrf.png

Thanks Brian

Thats clarified all of my issues 🙂 So really want to thank you for taking the time in replying to me.

With regards to the password reset fields - yep you are right it is those. But I have since found where it would now be, so thank you but you dont need to re-post that.

I guess it will just be a new learning curve to find out where everything is going to be situated, which I dont mind doing.

The biggest thing is the v4 admin template. I actually liked that one compared to the Blend and the older template (which looks like an older version of Blend), so lets hope a newer admin look is on the cards.

Thanks again Brian 🙂

Cheers

Aaron