Making A few Style Changes

Felth

Hello Everyone. I am trying to make a few style changes to adapt WHMCS to our business which is not to do with hosting or domains.

I have been looking and searching in the style sheets but can not locate these areas to make the changes and would love some help on how to do this.

1. at the bottom of the order page I would like to change the wording on the contact sales team box. see attachment. Currently it say "contact our sales team for assistance...." i would like to change it to " message our sales team for assistance.....". 

2. When a new customer signs up and comes to enter their details how do i remove the writing that is pre filled in the name box. See attachment. It says "company name optional". I would like it to just be blank as our services are not for comapnies, they are for residents.

I am sure these are minor and easy changes to make but for the life of me i can not find them in the style sheets or folders.

Would really appreciate anyones help.

Take Care, liam

1 Have questions Contact our sales team for assistance. Click here.png

Company Name (Optional).png

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2020 at 04:54, Felth said:

1. at the bottom of the order page I would like to change the wording on the contact sales team box. see attachment. Currently it say "contact our sales team for assistance...." i would like to change it to " message our sales team for assistance.....". 

use Language Overrides to modify the strings - don't edit the original language files.

$_LANG['orderForm']['haveQuestionsContact'] = "Have questions? Contact our sales team for assistance.";
On 08/10/2020 at 04:54, Felth said:

2. When a new customer signs up and comes to enter their details how do i remove the writing that is pre filled in the name box. See attachment. It says "company name optional". I would like it to just be blank as our services are not for comapnies, they are for residents.

again, the answer should be to use Language Overrides - but WHMCS includes hardcoded two brackets in the output, so changing the strings wouldn't be much use...

so two options - you could edit checkout.tpl and remove the placeholder text, or use a JS hook to remove/change the placeholder text.