Updating to 7.10.2 broke Stripe payment

I recently updated from 7.7.x to 7.10.2. The /invoice/nnnnn/pay page is now showing a strange behavior. As soon as the page loads, it looks like it attempts to submit the form, with a "Bad Request" error on top and the button says "Please Wait..."

c93647e69e1d147ccec2ab2403f66402.png.807d4fcfea0c9ce2fab179c6951e48a7.png

On another page I get more details:

565464648_unknown(2).png.ad56a2808a28863d85efdcfbbc68110d.png

I'm using the basic "six" folder completely unmodified. I'm not sure where the request URL mentioned is set or where to change it. Any help would be appreciated, this is currently live in production and a rollback at this point would be pretty costly.

hopefully the "Bad Request" issue will be covered by the explanation in the relevant docs page...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Stripe#Bad_Request

This error may show client side when attempting to pay for an invoice/order using an existing stored pay method.

It indicates the customer and/or token stored within WHMCS do not exist within Stripe.

Deleting the stored pay method (card) from within the admin user interface via the client's Summary tab (which may display a more informative error to administrators) and adding the pay method (card) again should ensure it's correctly stored with Stripe and resolve this.

i've seen the unrecognised request issue with users who previously had a third-party stripe gateway - but I don't know if that's applicable in your case..

of course, it could be something as simple as an incomplete upgrade - so often a reupload might resolves some issues, but I doubt this one.

if the bad request solution doesn't solve the other issue, it might be worth opening a ticket directly with support...

2 hours ago, brian! said:

hopefully the "Bad Request" issue will be covered by the explanation in the relevant docs page...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Stripe#Bad_Request

Yeah, I saw that. Unfortunately this seems to be happening with brand new customers as well, that have never stored a card with us before. We are just using the default Stripe payment gateway for this. I will open a ticket for this as well, I wasn't able to find the live chat button over the weekend but perhaps that was due to their business hours. Was hoping to get a response here because this is currently affecting us in production. Thanks!

i think live chat is only available to business/enterprise holders who get their license direct from WHMCS.... so if that's not you, that might have explain why you couldn't see the chat...

12 minutes ago, serverblend said:

Was hoping to get a response here because this is currently affecting us in production.

these days, if you want a reply from Support, opening a ticket is your best bet (they'd be open at weekends)... one of them might wander into a thread here, but there's no guarantee and it's unlikely that you would get a reply (outside of a beta question or comment).

btw - update the thread if they resolve it as the solution might help others.