Hiding products with (Hidden) from admin interface?

Hi all,

Is there a solution in hiding products completely from the admin interface with the status (Hidden) under "Products/Services"-section?
There are quite an amount of products which are not used anymore (but I cannot delete them) which makes the products view page in the admin section really look unorganised.

Maybe someone has a solution for this? I just want to get those products with (Hidden) gone from my view. Nothing else.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Okay, small follow-up.

I have found a work-around. Maybe useful for others as well.

I created a new product group (named it something like "Various") and moved all "(Hidden)" products to that group.
I also changed the following for each product to make sure that they could not be selected.

• Put them on stock control and stock at 0
  • Changed their status to "Retired"

I also moved the new product group (Various) to the bottom of the page.

Ofcourse they are still there, but my other product groups are better organised now.

Sidenote; I would recommend to not change the name to something like "Old products" or similar as it would show up like this under the customer's panel.
Therefor I used the term "Various" which would cause less questions asked obviously.

But if someone has a hook to hide a certain product group (e.g. with ID 16 in my case), that would be sweet.

Obviously this is not a real solution and only a simple workaround, but in my case it works good enough for the time being!

I hope this helps others as well.

Regards

1 hour ago, MvdL1979 said:

Maybe someone has a solution for this? I just want to get those products with (Hidden) gone from my view. Nothing else.

hiding with CSS would certainly work - though with it being the admin area, you'd have to apply the CSS via a hook.

33 minutes ago, MvdL1979 said:

But if someone has a hook to hide a certain product group (e.g. with ID 16 in my case), that would be sweet.

you are now in possession of such a hook (replying to your PM) - along with an even better one that hides the products from the list automatically if they are marked as hidden/retired. thanks.png