Inconsistent ClientEdit / Tax Exempt

This is not a v8 bug/problem but it should be addressed asap.

whmcs-tax-exempt.png.b26ec7735c5804b082dcd45e0c8c7ef7.png

Clicking this link sends a post to edit client details but it doesn't execute ClientEdit hook point. This is a big problem for invoicing. Changes to Tax Exempt status require a lot of custom checks (eg. VIES, Intra/Extra EU, special tax regions, Split Payment, business type...). That's not a problem as long as we have things like ClientAdd and ClientEdit hook points but clicking on Yes/No leaves us with nothing to use. There's no way for us to detect this change and perform our checks. This is causing a lot of billing errors from years.

The question is pretty simple. I quote «ClientEdit Executes when a client is edited.» When you change Tax Exempt you are actually editing customer. If I do it from "Profiles" tab "ClientEdit" hook triggers as normal. If I do the same from the Yes/No it doesn't (leaving me with lot of billing errors to fix manually).

11 minutes ago, Kian said:

This is not a v8 bug/problem but it should be addressed asap.

whmcs-tax-exempt.png.b26ec7735c5804b082dcd45e0c8c7ef7.png

Clicking this link sends a post to edit client details but it doesn't execute ClientEdit hook point. This is a big problem for invoicing. Changes to Tax Exempt status require a lot of custom checks (eg. VIES, Intra/Extra EU, special tax regions, Split Payment, business type...). That's not a problem as long as we have things like ClientAdd and ClientEdit hook points but clicking on Yes/No leaves us with nothing to use. There's no way for us to detect this change and perform our checks. This is causing a lot of billing errors from years.

The question is pretty simple. I quote «ClientEdit Executes when a client is edited.» When you change Tax Exempt you are actually editing customer. If I do it from "Profiles" tab "ClientEdit" hook triggers as normal. If I do the same from the Yes/No it doesn't (leaving me with lot of billing errors to fix manually).

Thanks for raising this issue, I'm going to investigate this now and will update the thread shortly.