Changing product pricing display

Vik

I was wondering if any any one has any experience with changing the format  of the monthly price breakdown during the order page. 

I have enabled this: Setup > General Settings > Ordering Monthly Pricing Breakdown

I see the this for example for a 3 year payment during the order process as 36 month Price - 10USD

Is there some way to modify this so it may show like this with the discount:    36 months @  $10/month - 50% Off!

Was not sure if I need to use a hook or if there is a file I can edit ?

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Vik said:

Is there some way to modify this so it may show like this with the discount:    36 months @  $10/month - 50% Off!

I wrote a tutorial on how to do this in the template years ago - and whilst it still works, it's a little outdated now.

13 hours ago, Vik said:

Was not sure if I need to use a hook or if there is a file I can edit ?

either route would work - you're either editing configureproduct.tpl, calculating the savings per cycle etc and adjusting the output, or you're writing a hook to take certain values from the pricing array and adjusting their content - based on your output format and/or language strings... and then returning the modified array back to the template.

now that we know v8 isn't deviating in terms of this page of the cart, it would certainly be possibly to write a hook to do this for virtually all recent versions of WHMCS (v6->8).... I can write the hook, but I doubt i'll get a chance to before Wednesday.