Assigning module variables to a custom page

Moster

Hello,

If  I want to view the full list of template variables, I need to add

{debug}

on the page you want to customize.

The template variable are assigned based on the page you're in..

Example:

I'm on clientareahome.tpl and I want to retrieve a module variable like

$vps.ram

from /modules/servers/moduleX/template/producthomepage/index.tpl

The list of vps variables are on that page only.

How to register additional variables to clienthomepage?

Kindest Regards,

Moster,

5 hours ago, Moster said:

If  I want to view the full list of template variables, I need to add {debug} on the page you want to customize.

it wouldn't be the full list of available variables, but that's not relevant to this..

5 hours ago, Moster said:

How to register additional variables to clienthomepage?

usual modules only return variables on a specific page - you wouldn't want all modules returning all variables on all pages as it would be a nightmare!

if the module wasn't encoded, you might be able to change it's coding... but are these values that you are trying to pull from a module template page, stored in the database somewhere ?? if so, then there's your answer - just write a hook to query those specific values and return them to your specific template... that hook could be clientareahomepage if you're returning HTML in a specific spot; clientareapagehome if you're returning variables, or even clientarehomepagepanels if the output is going to be shown in a panel.

15 hours ago, brian! said:

if the module wasn't encoded, you might be able to change it's coding.

It is encoded, but I have access to the source code,  what is the good starting point of changing the code.

15 hours ago, brian! said:

but are these values that you are trying to pull from a module template page, stored in the database somewhere ??

It's not, this approach is a little bit more advanced,  these variables are pulled from external API server based on the vps.id assigned to it.

I could tweak the results but not on any other pages except the index.tpl page of module itself.