Expired domains not resetting

SteveV

Hello

I've just started using WHMCS and spent yesterday manually adding all my clients. For 17 clients, I forgot to change their domain's expiry date to the correct date, and it was entered as 00/00/0000

This morning, these 17 domains are showing as "Expired domains" even though I changed the expiry date for all of them to the correct date. Will this update the next time the cron job runs? Or is there something I need to do?

• WHMCS CEO
IIRC there's a dropdown box on each domains page labled "Status". Change this from Expired to Active and it'll be okay.

That is correct. After resetting the expiry date to a date in the future, you'll also need to change the status back to Active. Then only when the expiry date passes will it go to expired again as it should.

Matt

• 2 months later...

why isnt this done autumatically. I just noticed this too, when a client placed an order for a domain and i accepted the order expiry date comes up as 00/00/0000. Im using ver 3.5.1 and registering domains manually

• WHMCS CEO
why isnt this done autumatically. I just noticed this too, when a client placed an order for a domain and i accepted the order expiry date comes up as 00/00/0000. Im using ver 3.5.1 and registering domains manually

How is WHMCS meant to know your domains expiry date when it didn't register it itself? When you register a domain manually you will always need to enter it. However, when you use a built in registrar module to register a domain then it is automatically set.

Matt

Matt thanks for the relpy. And your right for transfers.

but for new domain orders, i would've thought it would use the date you hit accept the order button, to calculate the expiry date (as default).

just like the expiry date for hosting and other recurring products/services.