product config page

setup -> product/services -> products/services -> edit product -> the line of tabs listed below seem unresponsive but when i right hand click and open in a new tab, the tabs open the same config page i am on. can anyone tell me what would cause this? all of them is open the same page

10 hours ago, SIM said:

setup -> product/services -> products/services -> edit product -> the line of tabs listed below seem unresponsive but when i right hand click and open in a new tab, the tabs open the same config page i am on. can anyone tell me what would cause this? all of them is open the same page

any chance you have a browser plugin/extension that is disabling specific JavaScript ?

if you're using v4 or Blend, then it might be a corrupt / incomplete install or upgrade, but what you're seeing shouldn't occur normally... if it's a custom admin theme, then you might need to discuss it with its developer.

I had someone customize the premium comparison template but not the admin area area but the truth is, this was not happening until he worked on my website so I do not know if it a coincident. I mainly use chrome and never use to have a problem. I tried it in edge browser and the links works so what do you think browser or developer? 

3 hours ago, SIM said:

I had someone customize the premium comparison template

there will be potential issues with their template code changes in the client area*, but unless they've been tinkering with the JS in some way, it shouldn't really be affecting the admin area product tabs.

if it helps, I can tell you that running your products.tpl template in my dev has absolutely no effect on the tabs in the admin area - they're all working fine... so it's not an issue with the template itself.

3 hours ago, SIM said:

I tried it in edge browser and the links works so what do you think browser or developer? 

it's difficult to know without knowing exactly what they've changed - I can see template and CSS changes, but if they've gone beyond that, then it's possible - but in the absence of knowing what they've done, and the fact that Edge has no objections, i'd probably be more inclined to think browser before developer.

* in case you want to know what I think could be potential issues down the road with their template code changes..

1. they didn't rename the 'premium_comparison' orderform theme name - that means the next time that you run a WHMCS update and it finds an update, it will overwrite these template customisations (though you should be warned to backup first before it overwrites them)- the custom CSS in your theme custom.css file should be fine, but not these template changes... ideally, the developers should have renamed the orderform theme and then you could have assigned the product group to the customised theme.
  2. they haven't formatted the calculated triennial monthly price and have assumed that it's going to return a neat 2-decimal place value... depending on the original triennial price, it might not.
    FENrg30.png
    currently your values will be 2dp just because of the way you've calculated your monthly breakdown pricing.
  3. the word 'Normally' is hardcoded into the template - if you're only expecting English users, then that's fine - otherwise, if it needs to be in the client's language, it should be a language string.
  4. the same issue would apply to the "/mo" abbreviation too.
  5. is it intentional that only logged in users can see product bundles - as that is one of the changes that has been made to the template ?

I suspect that you could have made all of their template changes with an action hook rather than editing the template - if so, that would probably have removed the update backup issues and code being overwritten.... but there's little point going down that hook road now, you might as well wait and see what impact any changes in v8 will have to your design and deal with it then.

Edited by brian!

1 hour ago, brian! said:

there will be potential issues with their template code changes in the client area*, but unless they've been tinkering with the JS in some way, it shouldn't really be affecting the admin area product tabs.

if it helps, I can tell you that running your products.tpl template in my dev has absolutely no effect on the tabs in the admin area - they're all working fine... so it's not an issue with the template itself.

it's difficult to know without knowing exactly what they've changed - I can see template and CSS changes, but if they've gone beyond that, then it's possible - but in the absence of knowing what they've done, and the fact that Edge has no objections, i'd probably be more inclined to think browser before developer.

* in case you want to know what I think could be potential issues down the road with their template code changes..

1. they didn't rename the 'premium_comparison' orderform theme name - that means the next time that you run a WHMCS update and it finds an update, it will overwrite these template customisations (though you should be warned to backup first before it overwrites them)- the custom CSS in your theme custom.css file should be fine, but not these template changes... ideally, the developers should have renamed the orderform theme and then you could have assigned the product group to the customised theme.
  2. they haven't formatted the calculated triennial monthly price and have assumed that it's going to return a neat 2-decimal place value... depending on the original triennial price, it might not.
    FENrg30.png
    currently your values will be 2dp just because of the way you've calculated your monthly breakdown pricing.
  3. the word 'Normally' is hardcoded into the template - if you're only expecting English users, then that's fine - otherwise, if it needs to be in the client's language, it should be a language string.
  4. the same issue would apply to the "/mo" abbreviation too.
  5. is it intentional that only logged in users can see product bundles - as that is one of the changes that has been made the word to the template ?

I suspect that you could have made all of their template changes with an action hook rather than editing the template - if so, that would probably have removed the update backup issues and code being overwritten.... but there's little point going down that hook road now, you might as well wait and see what impact any changes in v8 will have to your design and deal with it then.

I am going to ask the developer correct these things, please, please may i ask you to review it again to let me know if all is well. i will ask him to copy and rename the template and assign the rename version instead. would that correct the overwriting issue?

25 minutes ago, SIM said:

I am going to ask the developer correct these things

1. is the most important issue to address; 2. might only become apparent when you change your pricing (it's a simple code fix and your developer will know it - as he's already used in the template); 3&4 only matter for those users not choosing English and 5. is just a choice by you (I assume).

please, please may i ask you to review it again to let me know if all is well.

sure - just reply to the thread when it's done and i'll take another look.

i will ask him to copy and rename the template and assign the rename version instead. would that correct the overwriting issue?

yes - but remember that after an update, you'll still have to compare your custom PC template against any updates made to the PC shipped with WHMCS - assuming Premium Comparison is still shipped with v8.

Edited by brian!