Email piping issue

Hi all,

We are trying to setup email piping for support tickets, in order of tickets can be created and replied from the customers email.

So we created an email account for a support department, and it imports the incoming emails to new tickets. Great!

But when the admin replies to the ticket, the email sent to customer goes with sender email address that was set in General Settings > Mail tab. It's not the support department email! So, when the customer replies to the ticket email it will reply to main site admin email and not support department one, therefore ticket is not updated... What are we missing here in the configuration?

Thanks in advance!

If memory serves me correctly that email configuration is only to import emails, it will not be used for sending emails out with your WHMCS installation.

It doesn't matter which email account is used to send out emails as long as your customers are replying to the proper address.

If you mean the reply to address when your staff replies to tickets, this is under the email templates. Check what email address is used in that setting once you customized email templates.

1 minute ago, yggdrasil said:

If memory serves me correctly that email configuration is only to import emails, it will not be used for sending emails out with your WHMCS installation.

It doesn't matter which email account is used to send out emails as long as your customers are replying to the proper address.

If you mean the reply to address when your staff replies to tickets, this is under the email templates. Check what email address is used in that setting once you customized email templates.

Thanks for your attention mate!

Well let's say that I want an email address to send out the notices and warnings, and another emails to send ticket related notices, you mean that isn't possible?

Let's say that I have 2 support departments. It doesn't make sense to be sending all the email from 1 email account, because customers will reply to that main email, not the proper support department.

And if you say that to avoid this is to edit email template files.... What a mess...

49 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

No, I don't think that is possible. You cannot use different email accounts for different messages. You can change the address to which people reply and it will appear as they are different email accounts.

OK mate thanks for your clarification. I thought that at least would be possible to have separate emails for customer support....

3 minutes ago, miguel84 said:

OK mate thanks for your clarification. I thought that at least would be possible to have separate emails for customer support....

You can. If you go the settings on the support department you can put a different email address for each department. That should be used as a reply address for tickets you reply with  that support department. But its still using the same email account to send messages out from the server.