Separate support departments for not logged in people, and logged in clients

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my WHMCS support departments so that anybody on our website, mywebhostingaccount.com, can contact us and it will go in the "General Enquiries" support department. 

I want a separate department for my logged in clients to use called "Client Support", which will only be accessible to logged in clients.

I want to set it up this way so that I know which support tickets are from logged in clients.

I have made the two support departments, and set the "Client Support" department to only be displayed to clients.

This works, but the "General Enquiries" support department also displays to logged in clients, and is the default support department in the drop-down menu when opening a ticket from the client area.

I either want to make the "Client Support" department the default support department for logged in clients, or hide the "General Enquiries" department from logged in clients completely.

I moved the "Client Support" department to the top of the list of the support departments in WHMCS. I also tried clicking the box in the "General Enquiries" settings that says "Hidden?    Hide from clients".  But even with these settings, the General Enquires is the default department for logged in clients.

3 hours ago, mywebhostingaccount said:

I also tried clicking the box in the "General Enquiries" settings that says "Hidden?    Hide from clients".  But even with these settings, the General Enquires is the default department for logged in clients.

under most circumstances, that should be enough - support departments marked as hidden won't be shown to clients.... however, there is a way to bypass that hidden status and you're inadvertently doing it.

you seem to have modified the contact link in the navbar to link specifically to the General Enquires department - assuming that link is in the client area too, then a client using that link will be able to submit a ticket to the GE dept.... if that link hadn't been modified (e.g it was just going to contact.php), then they shouldn't be able to (unless they know that they can directly link to the dept to bypass it's hidden status).

so I would think that just removing the change to the navbar link should resolve the issue.

You are entirely correct Brian. Thank you so much! I had previously put a custom link in the navbar to go to the specific "General Enquiries" department. I now changed the navbar link in the client area to go to the "Client Support" link, and it's working as intended.

Thank you!

Noah

Edited by mywebhostingaccount