renew invoice auto generate issue - cron job issue

i  want make sure it will  auto send the renew invoice to my client.

i saw a messge  inside "setups" >>"Automation settnigs"  :

" The cron command below is provided for convenience. You should configure a cron task to run every 5 minutes using the command provided below within your server cron utility or web hosting control panel."

Cron Command */5 * * * *
/usr/bin/php -q /home/linkforecom/whmcsdata5685/crons/cron.php

I didn't  amend my cron job setting on server (everything is default setting) ,

my question is
1) the defaut setting currently set on the server is how many mins to cron ?
2) if i did not set it into 5 mins, what happen, will the renew invoice will not be auto sent?
3) i open the document of cron.php, i don't know put the "Cron Command */5 * * * *" to which line, can you assist.

thanks all 

On 05/06/2020 at 09:59, ilovechinahk said:

1) the default setting currently set on the server is how many mins to cron ?

I wouldn't consider there to be a default setting for a cron job - when you setup a cron, you can define how often it runs.

2) if i did not set it into 5 mins, what happen, will the renew invoice will not be auto sent?

renewals invoices are only sent once per day anyway, so they should be sent when the cron next runs after the "time of Day" setting in the Automation Settings.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Time_of_Day

you don't really need to set it to 5 mins if you don't want to - very few features need to be checked that often, and especially if you aren't using them.

3) i open the document of cron.php, i don't know put the "Cron Command */5 * * * *" to which line, can you assist.

the docs page, and the video below, should help you with setting up a cron job - for some reason, the video on the docs page has been marked private.