Quoted text styling

Trying to change the style of quoted text in the Notes tab in the Admin area.

It looks like the text is wrapped in the <blockquote> tag with no id, class or any other identifiers.

Is there anything specific that needs to be written in custom.css?

Adding blockquote style doesn't do anything at all. Tested by editing blockquote style via inspecting the element and that changes the text just fine.

49 minutes ago, John Kennedy said:

It looks like the text is wrapped in the <blockquote> tag with no id, class or any other identifiers.

sadly, that's not a unique occurrence in WHMCS.

50 minutes ago, John Kennedy said:

Is there anything specific that needs to be written in custom.css?

if you're thinking of custom.css in the Six folder, then that is for the client area only...

four years ago, I did post a hook that would allow you to use a custom.css file in the admin area for a similar purpose..

.. and if you were making a lot of css changes to the admin area, and could specify the exact element that you want to change via CSS, then that's the path i'd probably go down.

however, if it were just a one-off, or a specific task for a specific page, then you could make a hook for that purpose, e.g to change the blockquote formatting on the notes page.

<?php
function admin_notes_blockquote_css_hook($vars)
{	
	if ($vars['filename'] == 'clientsnotes') {
		$head_return = '<style>blockquote {color: red;}</style>';
		return $head_return;
	}
}
add_hook("AdminAreaHeadOutput",1,"admin_notes_blockquote_css_hook");

depending on what you want to do to the blockquote styling, you might have to throw in the odd !important should it need a little gentle persuasion. 🙂

Thanks for that!

I believe adding a hook for a single file would be a better solution in the long run as I won't have to rewrite the hook every time I want change things to make them more readable or stand out more.

<?php

function admin_custom_css_hook($vars) {

$currenttemplate = $vars['template'];
   $head_return = '';
   $head_return = '<link href="templates/'.$currenttemplate.'/custom.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />';
   return $head_return;
}
add_hook("AdminAreaHeadOutput",1,"admin_custom_css_hook");

Should give me a clean option.

Edited by John Kennedy