Limit specific group quantity at checkout

robetus

In the viewcart.tpl I have:

{if $product.productinfo.gid eq "2" && $cartitems > 1}
                                <div class="text-right">
                                    <div class="support-box red-support-box">
                                        One item per order
                                    </div>
                                    <br />
                                    <a href="cart.php" class="btn btn-link btn-continue-shopping" id="continueShopping">
                                        {$LANG.orderForm.continueShopping}
                                    </a>
                                </div>
                                {else}
                                <div class="text-right">
                                    <a href="cart.php?a=checkout" class="btn btn-success btn-lg btn-checkout{if $cartitems == 0} disabled{/if}" id="checkout">
                                        {$LANG.orderForm.checkout}
                                        <i class="fa fa-arrow-right"></i>
                                    </a><br />
                                    <a href="cart.php" class="btn btn-link btn-continue-shopping" id="continueShopping">
                                    </a>
                                </div>
                                {/if}

It works but as soon as a different product is added from a different product group it does not work. Is there any way with smarty that I can limit a product group to only have one product from that group in the cart at a time? Maybe I need a hook, but I wanted to ask to see if anyone knew how to do with smarty syntax.

15 hours ago, robetus said:

It works but as soon as a different product is added from a different product group it does not work. Is there any way with smarty that I can limit a product group to only have one product from that group in the cart at a time?

one way to do it would be to split this into two parts - first in the existing $products foreach loop (~ line 90), you create a Smarty counter variable that increases each time it finds a product from GID X in the cart...

{foreach $products as $num => $product}
{if $product.productinfo.gid eq "2"}{assign var=productcounter value=$productcounter+1}{/if}

that gives you a $productcounter variable that will tell you how many products from GID=2 are in the cart...

and then where you previously had...

{if $product.productinfo.gid eq "2" && $cartitems > 1}

you can change that to...

{if $productcounter gt 1}

which should mean that if there is more than 1 product from group #2 in the cart, then it will throw your "1 Item" error message and disable the checkout button... also, if $productcounter is more than 1, then you also know that there is more than one product in the cart, so $cartitems would always be more than 1 too.

you could trim that entire IF statement down in size if you had to...

<div class="text-right">
	{if $productcounter gt 1}
		<div class="support-box red-support-box">One item per order</div>
	{/if}
	<a href="cart.php?a=checkout&e=false" class="btn btn-success btn-lg btn-checkout{if $cartitems == 0 OR $productcounter gt 1} disabled{/if}" id="checkout">
	{$LANG.orderForm.checkout}
	<i class="fa fa-arrow-right"></i>
	</a><br />
	</a>
<div>

ZDoDkHl.png

15 hours ago, robetus said:

Maybe I need a hook, but I wanted to ask to see if anyone knew how to do with smarty syntax.

you might ultimately need a hook as the one obvious flaw in your Smarty method is that the user can change the url in the browser from cart.php?a=view to cart.php?a=checkout and thus totally bypass your condition checks (even if the checkout button is disabled or hidden)! 🙄

will most WHMCS users know that they can do that in the browser ? probably not.

you could duplicate the foreach $products loop in the checkout.tpl template - not all of it, just the bit that makes the counter...

{foreach $products as $num => $product}
	{if $product.productinfo.gid eq "2"}{assign var=productcounter value=$productcounter+1}{/if}
{/foreach}

and then disable the checkout button if there is more than one product from your specified product group in the cart...

<button type="submit" id="btnCompleteOrder" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg disable-on-click spinner-on-click{if $captcha}{$captcha->getButtonClass($captchaForm)}{/if}"{if $cartitems==0 or $productcounter gt 1}disabled="disabled"{/if}>