Background image

skeetstu1

Hi,

Firstly sorry for the total newbie question, so please forgive me. I have tried searching the topic on the board but have yet to find an answer.

I'm looking to add a repeating background image to the the client area of my site. This image will replace the grey background that surrounds the white tables of WHMCS. However, I have tried adding this image as a background image to most of the template pages, but as yet no image is shown on my client pages, and the grey background color remains.

Therefore, does any one have any experince of adding a background image to their client pages, and if so which templates to alter, or how to alter them ( p.s. I have tried with the CSS style sheet, but my coding may have been incorrect). Many thanks.

In the "style.css" file in the WHMCS distribution, you need to change the body declaration.

body {
background-color: #efefef; [color="Red"]background-image: url(image.jpg);[/color]
}

You need to change the URL and image name to the one you want to use.

A shorter, faster method (that will actually repeat, unlike the other example):

body{
   background: #fff url('image/url.jpg') repeat;
   }

Adding in repeat will repeat the url.jpg through the browser's body background. Without it, the image will only display once.

Regardless, what _is_ default behavior?
Default is the action taken in the absence of specific instructions. The default action of a background image is to tile, filling all space.
You do know that CSS renders differently in browsers.
Of course.
So even if I am wrong, does your method that excludes listing the repeat variable work in all versions of IE, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, and Safari?

All versions of all browsers? Probably not. Recent versions (going back at least 1 version in each, several in some) of all but Safari (no access to it)...yes.

Try it using "anybrowser" as well: http://www.anybrowser.com/siteviewer.html

All the way back to HTML 2, it works perfectly...kiddo. ;)

Before this goes any further, and since the OP has his answer. </thread>