Data Feed Product Pricing Currency

Hello,

I use the Data feed to get the product pricing from WHMCS for my website. What I want to do is make the currency update to their location. I want it to do it automatically based on their location, rather than them having to select the currency.

On WHMCS I have made it so when they are on WHMCS it auto detects their country and shows the correct currency. I'm hoping I can do the same on my website.

Thanks in Advance!

21 hours ago, carlos_tlewis said:

On WHMCS I have made it so when they are on WHMCS it auto detects their country and shows the correct currency. I'm hoping I can do the same on my website.

how are you detecting country in WHMCS - using MG's free hook or another method?

I would have thought all you need to do is setup a similar geolocation solution for your main site and then use a variable in the feed that passes the appropriate currency value for the estimated country location.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:48 PM, brian! said:

about the simplest i've seen is -  https://ipgeolocationapi.com/ - as long as you don't hammer it with requests!

Thanks Brian!. I've been having a look into this one but I don't think it's going to work right.

I've asked the MG guys to see if they can do a custom script for me. See what they say.

All I really want is a way for the client to be able to change the currency, even if they have to click a flag to change this. Currently I have 2 web pages, one in the UK and one in the US. Which is a pain and not really a good way to do things.

Example:

UK or US

When they click UK it will change all the currency to £

Not looking for anything fancy.  Any ideas? tried going on getacoder but it seems down right now. 

15 hours ago, carlos_tlewis said:

All I really want is a way for the client to be able to change the currency, even if they have to click a flag to change this. Currently I have 2 web pages, one in the UK and one in the US. Which is a pain and not really a good way to do things.

this bit isn't relevant to you, but i'll mention for anyone else wanting to add currency to the header in WHMCS directly...

pqtXzar.png

now as I said, that won't apply to you because you're wanting to do this on an external site.. and have it influence a data feed.

15 hours ago, carlos_tlewis said:

Example:

UK or US

When they click UK it will change all the currency to £

Not looking for anything fancy.  Any ideas? tried going on getacoder but it seems down right now. 

fundamentally, you just need to pass a variable value into the feed for the currency - but as i've got no idea if this external site is html, php, wordpress or whatever, i'll give you a basic way to do it in php...

<html>
<body>
<?php
$currency = $_GET['currency'];
echo "<a href=\"".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]."?currency=1\">GBP</a> <a href=\"".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]."?currency=2\">USD</a><br><br>";
?>
<script language="javascript" src="feeds/productsinfo.php?pid=1&get=price&billingcycle=monthly&currency=<?php echo $currency ?>"></script>
</body>
</html> 

2ofdrBT.gif

obviously, those links can be replaced with flags, images etc and there are other ways to do this - the point being that you are passing a currency value to the data feed and it is then using that value to pull the correct detail for that currency from the database.