How to stop browser auto-fill filling in login details

charlottezweb

Right now, I've received reports that the links in emails to view invoices always fail when users load the page and try to login. I think one way to address this is to make all password fields default to "empty" instead of pre-filled with asterisks.

Is there a simple style change I can make somewhere to have all password fields start as empty?

Thanks!

Right now, I've received reports that the links in emails to view invoices always fail when users load the page and try to login. I think one way to address this is to make all password fields default to "empty" instead of pre-filled with asterisks.

Is there a simple style change I can make somewhere to have all password fields start as empty?

Thanks!

If they don't start off blank, it would be user settings with their browser that has anything in the fields. We have never seen anything prefilled when clicking an invoice link within an invoice reminder.

• 2 weeks later...
but... is charlottezweb referring to the FIELD being Auto filled in on the form.... not the password itself being blank?

That's correct. I'm not saying make a blank password. I'm wanting the password *field* to not populate anything in it when you load those pages. So instead of loading the login page with the password field full of pre-populated asterisks, I want it to be completely blank until they type in their password.

There must be a way to do this with styles I thought?