Hosting Comparison on Homepage

On 12/03/2020 at 10:50, TinyNet said:

Is it possible to show hosting options on the homepage (price comparison), rather than the default domain search?

from admin settings, no... there's no option to modify the content of the Six homepage from there (other than forcing users to login by redirecting them to the client area).

it's not an unreasonable question, as on one level, it could be expected that there should be a built-in way to do it from settings... I guess that's why a lot if users employ third-party templates (that can already do this), or use WordPress.

you would really need to edit the templates to do this, e.g copy your comparison template code from elsewhere, add the required css, and either pull pricing, descriptions etc using Data Feeds or action hooks... i've covered previously how to do both.

you can remove the domain search, either by editing header.tpl, or hiding it with custom css...

#home-banner, .home-shortcuts {display:none}

09kqlds.png

and the homepage template is called homepage.tpl

Edited by brian!

7 minutes ago, TinyNet said:

That is what I ended up doing.  I'll post in the showcase when it is launched.

if it's Blue and British, then I quite like it! 🙂

though if that is your site, you've spelt "Lightening" wrong in that context, it should be "Lightning". 📖